Saturday, October 29, 2011

Perrin's Fence



Perrin has invited me back for some more projects.
Now that we have got him and his family-of-four squared away with firewood for the winter, we have a fence to build; before it the ground gets too cold to drill into.



Last week, we got things set up, and even a few holes drilled, with the farm's ancient tractor and auger.
It was a first time driving a tractor for me, and I must confess, a little bit of a thrill.








Next Friday, we hope we will be able to get most of the rest of the wholes dug out (Perrin is a holistic Vetrinarian the rest of the week).




One of the joys of working on this project with Perrin, was to see a guy, about my age, interacting with and working around his family. Living a bachelor, artist life as I do, this is somewhat of a foriegn world to me, and I found it really pleasurable to experience vicariously. Did I envy it? Not sure...

Ah, Fatherhood, how I envy ye!
I don't know what was happening behind me at this moment,
but its looks like it wasn't good!..

Maybe from time to time. Perrin's wife, Jenny, is one hell of a cook, and they were both very very generous in sharing this warm bounty with me through our work together. And his kids, Cedar and Wren are cute as buttons.

And of course, it was just a pleasure just to be there in the scenic surroundings of Blue Heron Farm.
The golden field that greets you as you enter Blue Heron, and approach Perrin and Jenny's house, has always been a favorite Chatham county sight for me. It has always been sort of a landmark for me, in terms of realizing that I am in a different, and special place...








No comments:

Post a Comment